See who's joining on Facebook!
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Let’s Be Real (LBR) is a movement for young people created by young people. Under 24 year olds lead the way to truly young people-informed violence prevention with real, unedited conversations about dating and hookups, friends and crushes, boundaries, and #relationshipgoals.
HOW DID IT GET STARTED?
True story: In 2016, 22 young people from all across the country came together to decide on a name. Once we had the name locked down, Break the Cycle reached out to 14 young people who focused on the look and feel - see our logo? Totally decided by them - we call them our Be Team (find out how to join them below). And that’s how it all went down, a true youth led movement from the start!
WHERE ARE WE?
Wherever you are! Let’s Be Real members are currently in 29 states throughout the U.S. and growing every day.
WHAT DOES LET'S BE REAL DO?
Events Team - Plan and host local and national events
- The Teen DV Month team will shape Break the Cycle's planning for the nationally-recognized awareness month.
- Real Talk Leaders will host our signature, open, honest conversations about dating and relationships in their local communities. Check it out on Twitter: #BTCRealTalk.
- See the live tweets from our first Real Talk in Los Angeles here!
Marketing Team - Brand and Recruit
- The branding team shapes the look and feel of LBR. You can see their impact already; the LBR name and logo was chosen by our Marketing Team!
- The recruitment team is on the streets and the web, getting people to join the movement.
Social Media Team - Create and Manage Digital Content/Snapchatters,Twitter Gurus, and Strategists to take over Let's Be Real accounts.
- On Snapchat you can host your own monthly show via Stories. Pick a topic you want to cover and take it away!
- Our Twitter team will take the internet by storm with their witty, clever tweets about relationships. Get experiencing drafting and scheduling tweets for a national movement.
- Strategy is key - take LBR to the next nevel and lead the way with exciting, creative social media campaigns
Creative Team - Write, draw, design, and more
- Talk about relationships like they really are - good, bad, funny, and ugly - Bloggers for LBR contribute to our Real Stories series. Read it here: 1 2 3
- Want to design t-shirts or merchandise? Into graphic design? Your skills can be used for good as an artist for Let's Be Real.
Sign up to join the movement!
- Get Involved - Join and be the FIRST of your friends to launch our next project! See "How to Get Started" or apply for an internship here.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR LET'S BE REAL MEMBERS?
- Community Service Hours - great if you need these for school before graduation!
- Skills in marketing, branding, recruitment, event planning, national strategy, and designing and executing social media campaigns
- Portfolio items to showcase your hard work
- Materials about healthy relationships to share with friends, schools, and communities
- Free stuff!
- Leadership opportunities
- Positive impact and good vibes - Let's Be Real will lead the way in creating a culture of healthy relationships!