Break the Cycle is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage, educate and empower youth to build lives and communities free from domestic and dating violence.
The Loveisrespect Communications Coordinator is responsible for the strategic management of Break the Cycle’s direct-to-youth communication and voice, with special focus on loveisrespect. Job duties include overseeing content creation for blogs, static web content, social media platforms, public awareness campaigns, print materials, video and other projects as necessary. The Loveisrespect Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Loveisrespect.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive messaging calendar, ensuring all external communications align with loveisrespect brand, messaging and standards by liaising with interdepartmental and interagency groups.
- Managing loveisrespect blog including maintaining calendars; developing multiple voices; writing entries; editing content and creating video and multimedia entries as needed.
- Creating content for loveisrespect social media. Additional social media tasks include:
- Training and managing committee tasked with responding to each mention of Break the Cycle and loveisrespect on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels as needed.
- Coordinating social media frequency and content with Digital Strategies Coordinator to ensure growth and engagement.
- Developing and updating static content on loveisrespect.org by managing committees tasked with developing interactive content; updating content; copy editing and responding to market research.
- Compiling, drafting and copy-editing content for other projects including public awareness campaigns, online and print marketing materials, media outreach tools and others as needed.
- Supervising and mentoring communications interns, providing edits and feedback.
- Working with vendors including PR, graphic design and web development consultants.
- Some college experience, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Drupal proficiency preferred.
- Project management experience and skills preferred.
- Video editing and Adobe Design Suite proficiency preferred.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work productively with diverse groups of people and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and stay organized.
- Professionalism, resourcefulness and a positive attitude.
$15/hour, 20 hours/week, flexible schedule
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please visit breakthecycle.org to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Practices.