Love Is Not Abuse is a growing national grassroots coalition of adults who want to learn about and prevent dating violence.
Members can be active advocates, parents, teachers, government officials, health care workers, or basically any caring adult working with youth. We have heard what the current members want to see and we are working to make it happen!
The new objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Being informed by youth
- Building an adult ally network across the nation
- Creating a resource center of materials which can be utilized in multiple communities
New and Improved Plans for 2016!
- Re-energizing our social media community. Like and follow to be involved in what's happening right now on Facebook.
- As new materials are created, they will appear on Facebook first.
- Share your community events, success stories and other news here.
- Updating existing resources in new and creative ways, like infographics, videos and shareable content.
- Creating a space for conversations. Participate in informal surveys and generate feedback online and offline in your communities, with our question guides.
- Building a National Speakers Bureau!
- Interested in sharing your story? We would love to have you join our Speakers Bureau where stories are shared internally with Break the Cycle and externally through blogs, speaking events and media.
- Email us to express your interest.
Don't worry all existing resources are still available here!
- Read our white papers tackling some of the most important dating abuse and sexual assault issues young people face right now, including:
- Read or download the Love Is Not Abuse Parent's Handbook: How to Talk to Youth About Healthy Relationships
- Use our teaching tools for high school or college students, which focuses on fictional characters and literature to discuss healthy alternatives to abusive relationships
Stay Connected! Sign up for newsletters and hear about the latest Love Is Not Abuse events as well as Break the Cycle news, resources and more.