Break the Cycle provides legal services to young survivors of dating abuse. Our legal services are free and are available to young people who are:
- 12 to 24 years old
- Living in the Los Angeles County and Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Seeking help because of dating abuse, domestic violence, stalking, or sexual assault
Break the Cycle attorneys assist survivors of abuse with the following legal issues:
- Protection or restraining orders
- Violations of protection orders
- Child custody
- Child support
- Criminal case advocacy
- Title IX (school) advocacy
Our attorneys also work closely with clients to ensure that their non-legal needs are met through safety planning and referrals to local domestic violence and social services.
Break the Cycle has no income eligibility requirements. We will provide bilingual help or interpreters at no cost to clients as needed; immigration status is not relevant to determining client eligibility.
Have questions? Want our help? For Washington, DC legal services program call at 202.849.6289 ext. 1 text: 202.470.5686 or email legalservices@breakthecycle.