The following information is specifically based on the law in California. If you live outside of California, please see the general information about calling the police and getting a restraining order, or contact Break the Cycle for a referral for more specific information about your state’s laws.
If you live in California, these pages can give you more detailed information about calling the police and getting a restraining order in California.
- Domestic violence restraining orders in California
- Emergency protective orders in California
- Civil harassment orders in California
- What a domestic violence restraining order can and can’t do
- Should I get a restraining order?
©1998-2006 Break the Cycle. All Rights Reserved.