American Giving Awards
Vote for healthy relationships! Break the Cycle is honored to be nominated as an outstanding “Youth Developer” for the 2012 American Giving Awards. This is the “Academy Awards” for non-profits. We’re talking celebrity red carpet event, national, primetime television and the opportunity to win up to $1,000,000!
For the first time ever, we have the chance to bring our issue onto the national stage and talk about improving access to justice, supporting healthy relationships, increasing safety and building stronger communities. Together, we can make sure every young person knows that they deserve healthy relationships — no matter who they are, where they live or who they love.
Our Big Idea for 2013
It’s time to talk about healthy relationships with our kids, students, friends, family, colleagues and neighbors. Winning an American Giving Award will help launch our biggest public education campaign yet, getting information to schools, homes, malls, gyms and computers across the country. Together, we’ll help one million young people discover how they can prevent and end dating abuse!
Here’s How it Works
- Voting goes from November 27-December 4, 2012.
- You only get one vote.
- You must be a Facebook user to participate.
- Chase Bank customers can make an additional vote for Break the Cycle at their local branch.
- Chase will not contact you and isn’t asking you to buy anything as part of the American Giving Awards.
What Can You Do?
The number one thing you can do is promote breakthecycle.org/vote4btc, our page on the American Giving Awards Facebook tab. Share it with your friends. Start folks talking about it. Get them ready to vote for us there!
Want to do more? Check out these ideas:
- Share your status, promote our event and help build our base until voting ends on December 4!
- Join Break the Cycle’s American Giving Awards Facebook event and invite your friends.
- Download our Get Out the Vote: Social Media handout for tips!
- From now until voting ends, promote the challenge and raise awareness at the same time!
- Talk to your co-workers. Raise awareness at your house of worship or host a voting party!
- Download our tools to help you need to make an impact in your community!