Break the Cycle’s Rural School Policy Initiative, funded by a U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) grant, provides resources and technical assistance to OVW Rural program grantees to work with their local schools to create comprehensive dating violence policies.
Rural Initiative Goals
- Convene a working group of rural grantees and experts to provide advice and guidance on the project
- Develop tools and resources to aid rural grantees’ school policy development projects, such as community needs assessment and talking points
- Provide intensive technical assistance to three rural grantee pilot sites as they work with their local schools and communities to create school policies
- Publish a report of findings and best practices, guided by the experiences of the three pilot sites (Fall 2011)
- Make resources available to all rural grantees
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Services, Red Lodge, MT
- Community Students Learning Center, Lexington, MS
- Family Crisis Center, Bastrop, TX
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.