It can be difficult for teens in abusive relationships to find useful information and services. Break the Cycle provides both, enabling teens to make informed decisions and develop healthy relationships.
In partnership with the National Dating Abuse Helpline, Break the Cycle is proud to operate the new loveisrespect.org, the most comprehensive online resource for youth to learn about dating abuse. On the site, teens and 20-somethings can:
- Ask trained peers confidential, anonymous questions about dating abuse
- Learn the facts about abuse
- Find out ways to protect themselves or someone they know
- Get involved in the movement to end domestic violence
- Connect with local resources
Learn more about this innovative resource and its many features.
Break the Cycle provides young victims of dating violence in Washington, DC with legal services to help them find safety and pursue justice. Contact Break the Cycle at 202.824.0707 or email@example.com if you are:
- 12 to 24 years old
- Living in the DC Metropolitan Area
- Experiencing abuse
Our attorneys assist victims of teen dating abuse and domestic violence with the following legal issues:
- Obtaining protection or restraining orders
- Handling violations of restraining orders
- Child custody
- Child support
In addition to legal help, we connect our clients with social services provided by other DC organizations dedicated to serving survivors of domestic violence.