We definitely see this type of violence
in the hallways at school, but unfortunately none of the adults take it seriously. – Eleventh grade student.
Teens need trusted adults who are trained and prepared to respond to dating violence. Break the Cycle’s School Policy Kit guides schools, school districts and community partners through the process of creating policies and protocols necessary to meet the challenge of teen dating violence. The Kit helps schools:
- Assess the need to address dating violence
- Review and edit existing policies
- Draft new procedures where none were in place
- Benefit from best practices and lessons learned
- Implement prevention education programs
- Provide resources to teachers and staff
If you have questions about how your school can best address teen dating violence among students, contact our Technical Assistance Program. We are happy to schedule a consultation between you and one of our school policy experts.