Why A+ Relationships are important
- 1 in 3 of your peers experience physical, sexual, or both forms of dating abuse by a partner. Some might call that a public health epidemic.
- While in college, over half of your peers will experience abusive or controlling behaviors from their partners.
- Change begins with you! Read the sheets below, join Let's Be Real, and let's make A+ relationships the norm.
- These stats will give you the 411: General Dating Violence Facts & Why LGBTQ* Inclusivity is Essential
- Download the common Warning Signs of dating abuse HERE.
- Let's Be Real members say what A+ Relationships mean to them!
- These are the kind of quizzes you actually want to take.
- "I don't do relationships; it's all about the hookups for me."
- "Long-term, committed relationships are my jam."
- "Eh I'm not into dating, but I do care about keeping things healthy with my friends."
Consent - this sheet is key if you say:
- "Everyone keeps talking about consent, but idk what that is."
- "I know consent is required, but won't that ruin the mood?"
- "I know what consent is, but explaining it to my friends is a whole other story."
Boundaries - this sheet is your go-to guide if you say:
- "I have literally no idea how to set boundaries."
- "Setting boundaries makes me v uncomfortable."
- "What do you mean set boundaries? I'm not sure I get it."
- "I'm good at setting some boundaries, but it would help to have examples to tell my friends."
NEW! Freedom And Space - this sheet is your one-stop-shop if you say:
- "I feel suffocated in my relationship, but I don't want to upset my bf/gf by asking for space."
- "How can I balance my friends, schoolwork, family, AND partner?"
- "It seems like I can't do anything without my bff and sometimes I just want to be by myself."
NEW! Arguing Fairly - this sheet is for you if you say:
- "I want to talk to my partner about a problem, but I don't want to get in a big fight about it."
- "My partner is always calling me names and yelling when we fight. Is that normal?"
- "What does arguing fairly even mean?"
- "I want to break up with my partner, but I wouldn't know where to start."
- "I'm not happy in my relationship. Should I break up with them?"
- "I just broke up with my bf/gf and I'm feeling down."
NEW! Defining LGBTQ* - this sheet is for you if you say:
- "Wait, I thought the acronym was LGBTQIA?"
- "I know what the letters mean, but not the asterik."
- "I'm trying to learn more so I can be a better ally."
NEW! Preferred Gender Pronouns (PGP) - this sheet is key if you say:
- "What is a PGP?"
- "I've seen people say their pronouns are they/them, but I'm not sure what that means."
- "Why is respecting someone's preferred gender pronouns important?"
Dating Online & Apps - this sheet is a must read if you say:
- "I am never not on Tinder."
- "I chat with people online all the time, but sometimes things are creepy."
- "My friends meet up with people from apps, but I worry about keeping them safe."
- "My friend told me they are being abused. What do I say?"
- "My bff's significant other flips out on them for the littlest things in front of everyone. How do I tell them that's unhealthy?"
- "I saw my sibling's friend with benefits slap them. What can I say to let them know that's not ok?"
- "Our other friends stopped talking to my bff because they won't leave their significant other. How do I show that I still love my bff no matter what?"
Read the materials for adults.