Home > I might need help > How do I keep myself safe? > Create a safety plan > What should I take with me if I have to leave home quickly?
What should I take with me if I have to leave home quickly?
If you have to leave home quickly, think about whether you should take the following things with you:
- Identification, including social security card, driver's license, passport or other picture identification card.
- Money, public transportation tokens.
- Cell phone or pager, or change to make phone calls, and address book.
- Any papers you need for school or work.
- Important documents, such as your children's birth certificates and immunization records, welfare identification, car registration and insurance papers.
- Photos, jewelry, and other things with sentimental value.
- Children's favorite toys and/or blankets.
- Anything that might give the abuser an idea of where you might be.
- A photo of the abuser so the police can identify him.
©1998-2003 Break the Cycle. All Rights Reserved.