Home > I might need help > Am I in an abusive relationship?
Take this quiz to see if your relationship is as healthy as you deserve it to be.
Does the person I am with:
- Get extremely jealous or possessive?
- Accuse me of flirting or cheating?
- Constantly check up on me or make me check in?
- Tell me how to dress or how much makeup to wear?
- Try to control what I do and who I see?
- Try to keep me from seeing or talking to my family and friends?
- Have big mood swings - being angry and yelling at me one minute,
and the next minute being sweet and apologetic?
- Make me feel nervous or like I'm "walking on eggshells"?
- Put me down or criticize me and make me feel like I can't do
anything right or that no one else would want me?
- Threaten to hurt my friends or family?
- Threaten to commit suicide or hurt him or herself because of me?
- Threaten to hurt my pets or destroy my things?
- Yell, grab, push, shove, shake, punch, slap, hold me down,
throw things or hurt me in any way?
- Break things or throw things when we argue?
- Pressure or force me into having sex or going farther than I want to?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship. You deserve better. Break the Cycle can help you evaluate your relationship and learn about what options you have. Click here to find out how to contact Break the Cycle.
©1998-2003 Break the Cycle. All Rights Reserved.