1 in 3 of your peers experience physical, sexual, or both forms of dating abuse by a partner. Some might call that a public health epidemic.
While in college, over half of your peers will experience abusive or controlling behaviors from their partners.
Change begins with you! Read the sheets below, join Let's Be Real, and let's make A+ relationships the norm.
Download the common Warning Signs of dating abuse HERE.
Let's Be Real members say what A+ Relationships mean to them!
These are the kind of quizzes you actually want to take.
- "I don't do relationships; it's all about the hookups for me."
- "Long-term, committed relationships are my jam."
- "Eh I'm not into dating, but I do care about keeping things healthy with my friends."
Consent - this sheet is key if you say:
- "Everyone keeps talking about consent, but idk what that is."
- "I know consent is required, but won't that ruin the mood?"
- "I know what consent is, but explaining it to my friends is a whole other story."
Boundaries - this sheet is your go-to guide if you say:
- "I have literally no idea how to set boundaries."
- "Setting boundaries makes me v uncomfortable."
- "What do you mean set boundaries? I'm not sure I get it."
- "I'm good at setting some boundaries, but it would help to have examples to tell my friends."
- "I feel suffocated in my relationship, but I don't want to upset my bf/gf by asking for space."
- "How can I balance my friends, schoolwork, family, AND partner?"
- "It seems like I can't do anything without my bff and sometimes I just want to be by myself."
NEW! Arguing Fairly - this sheet is for you if you say:
- "I want to talk to my partner about a problem, but I don't want to get in a big fight about it."
- "My partner is always calling me names and yelling when we fight. Is that normal?"
- "What does arguing fairly even mean?"
- "I want to break up with my partner, but I wouldn't know where to start."
- "I'm not happy in my relationship. Should I break up with them?"
- "I just broke up with my bf/gf and I'm feeling down."
Defining LGBTQ* - this sheet is for you if you say:
- "Wait, I thought the acronym was LGBTQIA?"
- "I know what the letters mean, but not the asterik."
- "I'm trying to learn more so I can be a better ally."
Preferred Gender Pronouns (PGP) - this sheet is key if you say:
- "What is a PGP?"
- "I've seen people say their pronouns are they/them, but I'm not sure what that means."
- "Why is respecting someone's preferred gender pronouns important?"
Dating Online & Apps - this sheet is a must read if you say:
- "I am never not on Tinder."
- "I chat with people online all the time, but sometimes things are creepy."
- "My friends meet up with people from apps, but I worry about keeping them safe."
- "My friend told me they are being abused. What do I say?"
- "My bff's significant other flips out on them for the littlest things in front of everyone. How do I tell them that's unhealthy?"
- "I saw my sibling's friend with benefits slap them. What can I say to let them know that's not ok?"
- "Our other friends stopped talking to my bff because they won't leave their significant other. How do I show that I still love my bff no matter what?"
Read the materials for adults.