A+ Relationships are important for the young people in your life
- 1 in 3 high school students experiences some form of dating violence. Some might call that a public health epidemic.
- 81% of parents said they didn't think or didn't know if dating violence was a problem. That needs to change.
- Awareness and prevention begin with you! Read the sheets below, join Love Is Not Abuse, and let's make A+ relationships the norm for young people through education.
- These stats will give you the information you need: General Dating Violence Facts & Why LGBTQ* Inclusivity is Essential
- Download the Warning Signs HERE.
- Need some motivation? Our CEO has some encouraging words just for you!
- A Safe Place to Learn, also known as the K-12 "toolkit" and the Considerations for Developing a K-12 Sexual Misconduct Policy, also known as the K-12 “checklist” are available here.
- Talk to your child about pornography and its effects on relationships
Healthy, Unhealthy, or Abusive - this sheet is for you if you say:
- "I don't know how to identify healthy relationships."
- "I've observed some odd relationship behaviors between my student/child and their significant other. Could this be abuse?"
- "The behavior of my student/child has changed dramatically. I'm worried about the person my student/child is seeing."
Relationship Realities - this sheet is your go-to guide if you say:
- "How in the world do young people date these days?!"
- "It's only puppy love; no need to go overboard."
- "Talking to my student/child can be awkward. How do I have the conversation?"
LGBTQ* Inclusivity - this web page is your study guide if you say:
- "I'd like to make my classroom a safe, inclusive space for everyone."
- "I really know nothing about how to make my events inclusive of all sexualities and gender identities."
- "Rural areas have unique obstacles for LGBTQ* young people. I need help navigating that."
#HealthyDatingTips - these graphics are a must-download if you say:
- "I need fun pictures to help with the healthy relationship talk."
- "My classroom really needs a healthy relationship theme!"
- "I follow Break the Cycle on social media, and I've been wanting to print out some of their graphics."
- "I'd really like Break the Cycle to train our faculty because I keep seeing unhealthy dating in the halls."
- "My boss says they need more convincing if I want to schedule a Break the Cycle training."
- "At the next community meeting, I want to suggest a healthy relationship intiative for our community."
Read the materials for students.