February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month and we have tons of amazing activities planned all month long. Help us celebrate healthy relationships and join us in taking action to help spread awareness and prevent dating violence! Here’s how you can help:
It’s Time to Talk is on February 2:
- Start the conversation about dating violence and sexual assault with your family, friends, co-workers, and more on this day -- or if you can’t talk that day, commit to a setting a time and day this month to talk during Teen DV Month
- Listen to our Legal Services Manager Laila Leigh and Kristen Rowe-Finkbeiner on MomsRising podcast, available to download on iTunes
- Share the warning signs of dating violence with family and friends
- Let us know you had a conversation about dating violence and share your success on our Facebook page
Respect Week is February 8-12:
- Wear something orange to commemorate Teen DV Month on Wear Orange Day on February 9 and promote healthy relationships. Invite your friends to the event and share your orange photos across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and more using #Orange4Love.
- Join the Thunderclap of the National Respect Announcement to help promote healthy relationships on Valentine’s Day
- Download the Respect Week Guide and get ideas and activities for your school or organization to make an impact on your community
- Connect with loveisrespect, our partnership with the National Domestic Violence Hotline, and find helpful resources to support your Teen DV Month community activities
Share on Social Media with Break the Cycle:
- Don’t just talk about it -- CHALK about it! #ChalkAboutLove is February 14 and 29. Chalk a sidewalk on your campus, school, neighborhood, workplace, or wherever you like about what love means to you and sharing your photos and videos with us.
- Raise awareness with your friends by setting up a hangout to talk about healthy relationships. Share your hangout selfies with us on social media
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more updates -- we’ll be hosting in Los Angeles, CA and Washington, DC -- and tell your family and friends that everyone deserves a healthy and respectful relationship!