Why A+ Relationships are important
- 1 in 3 of your peers experience some form of dating violence. Some might call that a public health epidemic.
- While in college, over half of your peers will experience abusive or controlling behaviors from their partners.
- Change begins with you! Read the sheets below, join Let's Be Real, and let's make A+ relationships the norm.
- These stats will give you the 411: General Dating Violence Facts & Why LGBTQ* Inclusivity is Essential
- Download the Warning Signs HERE.
- Let's Be Real members say what A+ Relationships mean to them!
Healthy Relationships 101 - this sheet is for you if you say:
- "I don't do relationships; it's all about the hook ups for me."
- "Long-term, committed relationships are my jam."
- "Eh I'm not into dating, but I do care about keeping things healthy with my friends."
Consent - this sheet is key if you say:
- "Everyone keeps talking abount consent, but idk what that is."
- "I know consent is required, but won't that ruin the mood?"
- "I know what consent is, but explaining it to my friends is a whole other story."
Boundaries - this sheet is your go-to guide if you say:
- "I have literally no idea how to set boundaries."
- "Setting boundaries makes me v uncomfortable."
- "What do you mean set boundaries? I'm not sure I get it."
- "I'm good at setting some boundaries, but it would help to have examples to tell my friends."
Dating Online & Apps - this sheet is a must read if you say:
- "I am never not on Tinder."
- "I chat with people online all the time, but sometimes things are creepy."
- "My friends meet up with people from apps, but I worry about keeping them safe."
- "My friend told me they are being abused. What do I say?"
- "My bff's significant other flips out on them for the littlest things in front of everyone. How do I tell them that's unhealthy?"
- "I saw my sibling's friend with benefits slap them. What can I say to let them know that's not ok?"
- "Our other friends stopped talking to my bff because they won't leave their significant other. How do I show that I still love my bff no matter what?"
Read the materials for adults.